A fashion design course focuses on the design of clothing and fashion accessories. It is a specialty that studies and applies fabrics, colours, patterns, styles, and trends. As the fashion industry grows, so do the opportunities for fashion design students. Fashion design has established itself as an academic discipline, with several undergraduate and postgraduate courses available. These programmes prepare students for the fashion industry’s demands.
The course has emerged as one of the most sought-after careers among Generation X students. Creative minds from all over the country are drawn to study at top fashion institutes in India. This not only provides them with the necessary skills, but also steers them in the right career path. Given the advantages, a large number of students enroll each year at several fashion designing colleges in India. However, due to limited seat availability and intense competition, not everyone is able to gain admission to the top colleges. Read on to know more about the top fashion designing colleges in India.
Top Fashion Designing Colleges in India – Highlights
- There are about 686 fashion designing colleges in India, with 537 private and 133 government colleges. The best colleges in India are UGC-approved and offer a wide range of fashion designing courses such as BDes, BF Tech, MDes, and others.
- Top NIFT colleges are among the top ten fashion design schools in the country. NIFT Delhi, NIFT Chennai, and NIFT Bombay are the best Fashion Designing colleges in India.
- The results of fashion design entrance exams such as NIFT, FDDI, NID, and others are used to determine admission to the top fashion designing colleges in India.
- NIFT Delhi, FDDI Noida, UID Gandhi Nagar, and ACAD Indore are among the best government fashion designing colleges in India.
- Depending on the course and college, the average fee for a Fashion Designing course ranges from INR 1,000 to INR 5 Lakhs.
- NIFT Navi Mumbai and Pearl Academy are the best fashion designing colleges in Mumbai, while NIFT Delhi and ICF Delhi are the best fashion designing colleges in Delhi.
- The top fashion designing colleges in India offer excellent placements and return on investment. A fresher’s average CTC can range between INR 3 and 12 LPA, with higher pay scales increasing with experience and expertise.
Read also: Y2Mate Com Mp4 Download
Take a look at the top fashion designing colleges in India to see why they are so popular with students.
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi (NIFT Delhi) – The Ministry of Textiles, Government of India, established the National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi in technical collaboration with the FIT, New York. Over the years, NIFT Delhi has produced a number of notable alumni, including Rohit Bal, Ritu Beri, and Manish Malhotra. It provides a variety of regular and CE programmes. It has the oldest and most extensive resource centre, with a large collection of print and non-print materials.
- Vogue Institute of Art and Design, Bangalore (VIFT) – Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology (VIFT), Bangalore was founded in 1996 as a multidisciplinary, umbrella institute. Vogue is a hub where designing is instilled with passion and design education standards are established through a creative educational culture.
- Army Institute of Fashion and Design, Bangalore – The Army Welfare Education Society established the Army Institute of Fashion and Design, Bangalore in 2004 to meet the educational needs of Army personnel’s wards and wives. The institute’s mission is to provide technical and professional education in the field of Fashion and Apparel Designing. According to the Week, the institute is the second-best college in Bangalore in 2019. In 2020, the Times of India ranks the institute third among the best colleges in Bangalore.
- Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune (SID) – Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID), Pune is a well-known design institute. Symbiosis International University includes SID. The Institute has a strong advisory board that provides design academics, business, and students with research and practical advice. Aside from these excellent amenities, the tranquil campus atmosphere makes learning enjoyable for all students. It provides Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
- National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad – The National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad is one of India’s leading institutes. The Institute has approximately 500 students. The NID is internationally recognised as one of the leading multidisciplinary institutions for design education and research. NID has been named one of the top 25 European and Asian programmes in the world by Business Week.
- Navi Mumbai International Institute of Fashion Design – International Institute of Fashion Design, Navi Mumbai was founded in 2003 and is regarded as one of the leading fashion design institutes in Maharashtra. Students pursuing UG, PG, and certificate courses can expect high-quality education and exceptional facilities from the institute. The International Institute of Fashion has been named Mumbai’s Most Promising Fashion Designing Institute. The Global Quality Awards also named it the Best Fashion and Interior Designing Institute.
- Amity Institute of Fashion Technology, Noida – Amity School of Fashion Technology, Noida promotes versatility in the field of fashion and offers Design, Technology, and Fashion Industry Management. The institute’s goal is to provide students with the skills, knowledge, and ability to work as professionals in the fashion and apparel industry across the country. India Today 2020 has ranked the institute 11th among the top Fashion Design Institutes in India. Not only that, but Outlook 2019 recognised the potential of Amity Institute of Fashion Technology, Noida and placed it 15th.
- Pearl Academy, Delhi (formerly Pearl Academy of Fashion) – It is an Indian private higher education institute that offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma courses in design, fashion, and business. Beginning with a campus in Okhla, South Delhi, the academy later relocated to a larger campus in Naraina, West Delhi. Pearl Academy has received the World Design Organization (WDO) Educational Partnership and Assocham Education National Excellence Awards for five consecutive years for being the Best Design Institute in India (2016 to 2020).